Inventive talent and entrepreneurship are the guarantors of innovation success in North Rhine-Westphalia. However, they only really come to fruition when the framework conditions are right. This is the case in NRW – with its outstanding network of SMEs, large companies, universities and research institutes. And with its many people who, with their wealth of ideas, personal commitment and willingness to take risks, make a significant contribution to the state’s innovative strength.
Since 2008, these people have been put in the spotlight with the presentation of the North Rhine-Westphalia Innovation Award. The award honors personalities who contribute to the transformation of North Rhine-Westphalia as pioneers in the various phases of the innovation chain – from testing an outstanding idea, to commercial application, to scaling. After all, it is only the interplay of all these phases in our innovation ecosystem that makes it possible to transform new ideas into economic dynamism and ensure the competitiveness of North Rhine-Westphalia as a business location in the future.
The NRW Innovation Award, which is presented by the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Industry, Climate Protection and Energy of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia, is awarded in four categories:
- “innovation” category (prize money: 100,000 euros).
- Category “innovation2business” (prize money: 50,000 euros)
- Category “innovation2market” (prize money: 25,000 euros)
- Category “innovation4transformation” (prize money: 25,000 euros)
After the Future Prize of the Federal President, the NRW Innovation Award is the most highly endowed award of its kind in Germany.
- Application for the Innovation Award of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia
- Award winners of the Innovation Award NRW